CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Demolition continues...

We're moving along on the demolition. I called our drywall/framer today to ask him if he remembered that he also had to take down the wall in our bathroom through which one would have to walk (and into which a door therefore must be installed) to get to the baby's room. Do you think his answer was actually "Yes?"

If so, you would be mistaken.

"He did not remember," I thought, "which means he also didn't remember to include that work in his price!" I don't want to pay anyone more than necessary, and I also don't want someone to come into my bathroom with a sledge hammer because there is a portion of our bathroom which will have to be put back together (by me) and it includes tile and, from experience, I can tell you that you want to have to dremel out as little grout as possible down the road. It isn't fun.

Therefore, I saw NO reason not to just start tearing out the bathroom myself. Doesn't that sound perfectly reasonable?

David didn't think so.

I can't appropriately describe the look on his face when he came in wondering about all the hammering and saw the reality of what was causing it.

Of course, Jack came in and announced that he needed Santa to bring him his own tool set --- drill, hammer, and screwdrivers, so that he could get in there with me and really help!

The framer/drywall guy is coming tomorrow morning (I'll believe it when I see it) and will begin his part. In the meantime, I'll continue with my part. I have to get a 4 ft x 6 ft mirror off the wall (it's glued on there thanks to the homebuilder) before David gets home because he has no desire to help me or watch me or even know that I'm doing it.

The real joy: I leave town tomorrow for the weekend to visit Katie, Steve, and Sylvie and so David has to live with this construction over the weekend. Of course, I'm not thrilled either because that means I don't get to wire electrical with Len. But Len said he'd leave some work for me to do on Sunday night or Monday morning. Yeah!

I'm praying that the reference letter we're waiting on will arrive today and I can lug the kids to UPS to overnight our dossier to our agency. That would be a wonderful birthday gift, as my birthday is tomorrow (hint hint).

More soon!

Please hurry, I must get back to work!
I love telescoping drill bits!
How the heck is this thing connected?
When all else fails, go for the hammer.

0 comments: