Oh dear lord, I was hoping it would never happen. But sweet Laurie has tagged me and I'm supposed to note random things about myself. Frankly, I think she's just mad that I haven't updated this blog in a week or so. But I'll indulge her because it will take my mind off the fact that we've been on the wait list for nearly 12 weeks and I'm losing patience!
Thursday, March 27, 2008
1. In response to Laurie's revelation #46, I abhor tobacco. Always have. But I've apparently gone a bit too far in communicating this to my kids, as each time we walk past someone smoking, Henry covers his mouth very obviously and then states (loudly), "that smoke smells terrible. And his lungs are turning black." But Laurie, I do not judge. I couldn't think you are any greater!
2. I recently realized how much I love dogs. All dogs. Especially those without a home. If it were up to me, I'd be a dog whisperer and take them all in and train them to have wonderful manners and shake my hand upon seeing me each time I came through the door.
3. I am very, very blessed.
4. I've wanted to adopt internationally for about 15 years. Possibly more. I began thinking about China. Then Guatemala. Now I can't imagine our daughter coming from anywhere other than Ethiopia.
5. I love book covers. I will buy a book simply because it has a fabulous cover. It could be about porn and I'd buy it if it had a fabulous cover. Or a fabulous title.
6. I love bookstores. I can't go into one without buying something.
7. I have a stack of to-read books approximately 20 feet high.
8. I have great respect for everyone who homeschools, especially with the rash of violence in schools as of late (not to mention the fact that my 8-year-old daughter recently came home spouting something about the unacceptable calorie content of certain foods). However, I could not do it. I think I'd kill myself.
9. I've been watching Days of our Lives since I was about 18. The same characters have died and come back to life no fewer than 10 times. But I can't stop. You never know when one might die (or come back) again.
10. Ditto for General Hospital --- but there doesn't seem to be as much reincarnation there.
11. I love Frazier, Friends, and Everybody Loves Raymond reruns. I watch them every night to wind down from 9-10PM.
12. I think I'm secretly in love with Eckhart Tolle. He's just so enlightened!
13. I must have lunch with Ellen DeGeneres before I die. And Nate Berkus.
14. I plan to live to be 105 years old.
15. There is a dog barking outside right now. It's been going on for hours and I'm thinking of pulling an Elaine from Seinfeld. I wonder if Kramer is available for hire at this hour.
16. I would like to guest star on a sitcom before I die (which, again, will be at 105). One episode will suffice (unless they want me back).
17. I would also like to be in a music video. Preferably I'd like to be the one singing, but most everyone's let me know that ain't gonna happen in this lifetime (or with this voice).
18. My biggest pet peeves: folks who don't wave when you let them into your lane, people who take hours to back out of their parking spaces when you are obviously waiting, and people who say "Uh huh" when you tell them to have a nice day.
19. I love The New Yorker cartoons.
20. I need to own a beach house in this lifetime. No more than one block from the sand.
21. I am a speech pathologist at heart. I am fascinated with language development and all things sign language. I WILL be a sign language interpreter in this lifetime, preferable doing a lot of work with labor and delivery patients (could I have a more specific interest? No.).
22. I say "Dude" a lot. A whole lot.
23. I am going to SCREAM if we don't get our referral in the next two weeks!
Over and out...
Posted by Elizabeth Lyons at 9:18 PM