CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hanging in...

Okay, moving along. Progress is a good thing for my brain right now.

I officially booked my ticket this morning. I actually had to call the credit card company to let them know the charge was coming in because they typically call me for approval on anything over $450. Not kidding. I really appreciate their diligence, but suffice it to say that major alarms would have gone off over there when THIS charge came in!

I then took the boys to the pool (Gracey is at camp) to get some time in with them and do something they'd enjoy. Apparently, they don't care for endless errands to pick up neosporin, ear plugs, and pepto bismal. Makes little sense.

Jack, however, cannot WAIT to go with me on Friday to Babies R Us. He has very specific ideas about the patterns on his sister's carseat.

I also have to get an umbrella and some long-sleeved shirts as it's apparently the rainy season in Addis Ababa (the 10-day forecast predicts rain every single day, no sign of sunshine, and highs in the low 60s. Sounds a lot like Chicago to me).

Today I'm focusing mostly on getting some loose work ends tied up before I go.

More soon!

10-4

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you please email me? My precious one is waiting for me at HH. I would LOVE some pictures of her! Thank you so much!! kendra@thecosgrovefamily.com

veggiemom said...

Have fun getting ready! It was warm in the late mornings in Addis but it was quite cool in the mornings and the evenings. It rained almost every day we were there but we still had lots of fun. Have a great trip! I can't wait to hear all about it when you're home!!!
Kerri, Medina, and Ruby

Amber said...

congrats on your little one! We will be in Ethiopia at the same time....only at different orphanages :) Have a safe trip!