Another uneventful New Year's Eve is behind us. David and I made it until 10:30; it was a record. I had to see Dick Clark, who is a staple of my New Year's Eves, and I did that. Anything beyond that was gravy.
Today the kids made New Year's Resolutions. They were interesting.
1. Play soccer, football and games with my family.
2. Play with Nina.
I suggested that he could perhaps agree to actually sit by me for 2 minutes per day. He declined.
1. Sit by mom when she's sick (?) and other stuff.
2. Stop screaming and yelling
The "sick" comment likely is because I have no voice today. The kids are thrilled.
I can't wait for #2 to become a reality.
1. Play lots of games with my family.
2. Spend 1/2 the year doing everything with Papa and then spend the other 1/2 of the year doing everything with Mama.
3. Do things with Mama. Because no one ever does anything with Mama.
Amen to #3.
1. Finish my novel, Amazing Amy
2. Make new friends
3. Get straight A+ on report card
4. Stop chewing with my lips open
5. Save more money
She's not at all an over-achiever.
I'm only making one resolution for myself because I'm smart enough to know, at the ripe age of 36, that even one may not make it to fruition. But it's to finish MY novel (of which I've written a whopping 4 pages).
Okay, I do have one more. I'd like to get good at my guitar, which I've owned for 2 whole weeks. I'm terrified even to get it out of the case lest I can't play like Eric Clapton within 24 hours.
David won't let me post his resolutions. But they are very "organic," I'll say that.
Here are some photos from Christmas Eve:
The boys. This is how we now photograph our family without an extra around to capture all of us together: boys in one shot, girls in another. The boys are wearing their shark tooth necklaces from Fiji, compliments of Grandpa Bill! They love them, and the sharks' teeth are really sharp! (I hope they don't decide to use them as weapons anytime soon.)
Happy New Year everyone!!