CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Day Two

Day Two of the 2007-2008 school year has been completed. I believe it was relatively uneventful. Jack's backpack somehow was taken home by another student, but hopefully it will resurface this morning.

I bought this candelabra thing for our kitchen table and it has four candles on it. Our new "tradition" is that every night after dinner, the kids each name something they are thankful for or make a wish for the next day and then blow out one of the candles. That wasn't what I had in mind when I bought it, but it's worked out well since it's sometimes the only positive 60-second span of the day.

Last night, George was once again thankful for being able to blow out a candle. Henry was "thankful that God created this wonderful world." The child is hysterical.

David has ordered some book about the Indigo children and the fifth dimension and was trying to explain to me last night about how the Mayan calendar predicts the end of "this world" and the beginning of the next in 2012 based on these children and how they are going to transform the world. I was totally lost. Kind of like when we watched "What the Bleep Do We Know?" I'll look forward to the arrival of the book and, hopefully, a more thorough explanation of this phenomenon that, at this point, sounds downright terrifying.

On the adoption front, I'm now scouring guidebooks on Guatemala in preparation for a trip my mom and I plan to take after the first of the year to Antigua, Guatemala. This trip is simply to explore the area, purchase some decorative items for the house, and hopefully not spend even a moment suffering from any sort of illness that can be attributed to drinking water, contaminated fruit, malaria, dengue fever, cholera, or that point in time's most prevalent flu strain.

Over and out.

0 comments: